Cesar A. Juarez
Cesar Juarez, who is fluent in English and Spanish, represents individuals and businesses with commercial, contract, construction, and employment issues and disputes. He also represents clients in personal injury, probate, and trust litigation cases. Cesar is admitted in the state and federal courts of South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa.
Cesar graduated from Mount Marty College in Yankton, South Dakota, and earned his law degree, with honors, from the University of South Dakota in 2011. After a judicial clerkship for the Second Judicial Circuit Court, Cesar began private practice in Sioux Falls in 2012. He joined Lynn Jackson in 2019.
Cesar was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star® in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.
Cesar lives in Sioux Falls with his wife, Elizabeth, and their son, Liam. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, playing soccer, traveling, and tending to his vegetable garden.
- 3T Services, Inc. v. Superior Industrial Mechanical, et al – Successfully defended six clients in a case alleging breach of two non-compete agreements, breach of five confidentiality agreements, intentional interference with the non-competes and confidentiality agreements, intentional interference with oral employment contracts, intentional interference with current and prospective business relationships, civil conspiracy, aiding and abetting, and punitive damages. Plaintiff asked the jury for $11 million in damages, but the jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendants, awarding no damages.
- Regularly advises business owners in matters ranging from business formation to restructurings and acquisitions, and other matters in between including HR compliance and audits, HR training for employers and employees, and employment-related claims
- Successfully represented clients in personal injury cases resulting in recovery of millions of dollars, ranging from smaller vehicle accident cases with minor injuries to tragic accidents with catastrophic injuries.
- Represented quadriplegic man in a products liability farming equipment accident.
- Represented family in a wrongful death case. Settled the case before having to file a lawsuit.
- Represented family in trucking accident. Settled the case before having to file a lawsuit.
- Successfully represented clients in business and commercial litigation cases, both on the plaintiff and defense side.
- Represented former employee in a case against public employer for wrongful termination and invasion of the employee’s privacy.
- Represented a former employer in a case for misappropriation of trade secrets against former employee.
- Secured Temporary Restraining Order in favor of employer in a case for misappropriation of trade secrets against former employee.
- Represented former employee in a claim for employment discrimination against former employer. Settled at early mediation.
- Defended corporation in minority shareholder oppression lawsuit.
- Served as local counsel on matters ranging from ERISA to insurance bad faith to TCPA cases.
- Defended employer in investigation by US Department of Labor into employer’s classification of employees for overtime payment purposes.
- Defended employer in threatened putative class action claim for employment discrimination by the EEOC.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, with honors, 2011
- Mount Marty College, summa cum laude, 2008.
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Great Plains Super Lawyers Rising Star ® (2018-2023)
- Business Litigation
- Cesar works closely with leaders of the Hispanic community in and around the Sioux Falls area to help educate the community on a wide array of topics from what their rights are as employees to the basics of how to start a business.
- Cesar is involved with local non-profit; The Naomi Project.
- Mandy Schmitt – Paralegal
- Ronda Headrick – Paralegal
- Alejandra L. Hight – Bilingual Legal Assistant
- State of South Dakota
- State of Iowa
- State of Nebraska
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United State District Court for the Northern District of Iowa