Barbara Melber Vargo
Barbara Vargo is a member of the firm’s business group and focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, and real estate. She is licensed in all state courts in South Dakota and Florida.
Barbara was raised on a farm near St. Lawrence, South Dakota, and attended the University of Minnesota where she earned her bachelor’s degree in technical communications in 1987. She worked for several years for hospice programs in Florida and South Dakota, and obtained her law degree, with high honors, from Creighton University in 2018.
Barbara was a judicial clerk for South Dakota’s Seventh Circuit for two years and for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit for one year before joining Lynn Jackson.
Barbara is admitted to practice in South Dakota and Florida. She is a member of the South Dakota Bar Association and the Florida Bar.
Barbara lives in Rapid City with her husband, and enjoys reading, cooking, bicycling, and walking with their dog.
- University of Minnesota, B.S., Technical Communications, 1987.
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., with high honors, 2018.
- South Dakota Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Health Law and Litigation certificates
- The Wind Beneath Our Wings Award, Rapid City Chamber of Commerce Health and Human Services Committee
- Venables/Scarbrough Award, South Dakota Healthcare Humans Resources Association
- Creighton University School of Law, National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Student Award
- The Order of Barristers, Creighton University School of Law
- The Museum Alliance of Rapid City – Board Member
- Northern Plains Eye Foundation – Board Member
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Tarren King – Legal Assistant
- Lorri Haberman – Paralegal
- Lita Eddy – Legal Assistant
- State of South Dakota
- State of Florida
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit