Barbara Anderson Lewis
Barbara Anderson Lewis is a member of Lynn, Jackson, Shultz and Lebrun’s litigation and employment law groups. She represents individuals, corporations, and other entities involved in disputes through an active trial practice and alternative dispute resolution methods. Barb is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in South Dakota and North Dakota.
Barb hails from Rapid City. She obtained her bachelor’s degree from Black Hills State University and her law degree from the University of South Dakota in 1984. Upon graduation, Barb was in private practice in Sioux Falls and Moorhead, Minnesota. She joined Lynn Jackson in 2012.
Barb is an AV-rated attorney and member of the South Dakota Defense Lawyers, Defense Research Institute, the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, and Litigation Counsel of America. She is also a member of South Dakota, Pennington County, and American Bar Associations. Barb currently serves as chair of the Board of Directors for the Presbyterian Retirement Village of Rapid City, Inc. (Westhills Village Retirement Community), and sits on the Foundation Board for that same entity. She is also a member of the Central Region Trust Fund Committee for the Boy Scouts of America.
In her free time, Barbara and her husband Michael enjoy spending time with family and engaging in outdoor and do-it-yourself activities.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Black Hills State College, 1978
- South Dakota Bar Association
- North Dakota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Civil Pattern Jury Committee for the SD State Bar.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2020-2022)
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Litigation – Insurance
- Board of Directors for Westhills Retirement Village (current chair).
- Westhills Foundation board of directors.
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Katy Hummel – Legal Assistant
- State of South Dakota
- State of North Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of North Dakota
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit