Position: Law Firm Administrator
Reports To: Managing Director and Management Committee
Position Purpose and Objectives:
The Law Firm Administrator will oversee non-legal/legal staff who perform a variety of clerical and administrative support tasks to facilitate the efficient operation of the law firm.
- Trains all employees regarding firm procedures and information systems.
- Supervises administrative support staff.
- Recruits and assists in hiring of new employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of non-attorney employees.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the offices.
- Manages vendor contracts, relations, and performance.
- Manages the daily operations of information systems including client-accounting system, printer plant, software, and integration between each of the systems.
- Manages equipment, office services and facilities, including leases and contracts for each vendor.
- Manages and maintains all insurance programs, including annual renewals, maintenance, and compliance audits.
- Administers firm’s retirement deferral plans, including payroll contributions and firm’s matching contributions, loan approvals, beneficiary designations, and works with plan administrator on annual compliance audit and required communications.
- Manages schedule of all firm meetings and attorney and staff retreat.
- Prepares legal correspondence and documentation related to firm operations management.
- Participates in strategic planning process with management.
- Prepares and manages the firm’s annual budget, including a compilation of firm, practice group, office, and administrative revenue and expenses.
- Performs or facilitates accounting functions as needed. These may include, billing, preparation of financial statements, management of reports, and collections.
- Consults with outside accountants for audits, preparation of tax returns, and the production of other reports as required by law.
- Maintains corporate documents and shareholder documents.
- Drafts, implements, and administers operational and human resource policies and practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or related field required.
Experience: At least five years in a senior management position. Law Firm experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with attorneys and staff.
- Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to understand the attorney-client relationship are critical.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to write effectively for audiences inside and outside the firm and to prepare written materials to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the firm and for individual attorneys. Ability to evaluate opportunities for business development and manage a budget.
Other: Must be able to travel to the firm’s three offices located in Rapid City, Sioux Falls, and Spearfish.
Please send a resume to:
Lynn, Jackson, Shultz & Lebrun, P.C.
Attention: Marketing Director
311 N. 27th Street, Suite 4
Spearfish, SD 57738
OR email [email protected]. No phone calls please.