Ross M. Wright
Ross Wright is a litigator who focuses on personal injury, products liability, and commercial claims. In addition, he handles cases involving environmental law and planning and zoning. He is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Ross is a native of Pierre, South Dakota, and earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of South Dakota in 2001. He then earned both a law degree and master’s degree from the University of South Dakota in 2004. Ross worked with the Lincoln County State’s Attorney’s Office for over a decade, and joined Lynn Jackson in November 2015.
He is a member of South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the South Dakota, Second Circuit, and American Bar Associations.
Ross and his wife have three children. They enjoy spending time outdoors, especially on the Missouri River with family and friends.
- Recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured clients through personal injury representation involving motor vehicle, motorcycle, trucking, slip and fall, and dog bite accidents.
- Settled cases on behalf of numerous business clients involving breach of contract issues resulting in the recovery of millions of dollars.
- Resolved alleged OSHA violations made by former employee.
- Obtained defense jury verdict on behalf of clients in alleged nuisance complaint involving hog barn in Douglas County.
- Represented clients on planning and zoning issues before county commissions, city councils, and local planning boards.
- University of South Dakota School of Law; J.D./M.P.A., 2004
- University of South Dakota; B.S., University Scholar, 2001
- South Dakota State Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Northern Prairies Land Trust Board of Directors
- Steve Engh – Paralegal
- Heidi Anderson – Paralegal
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota