Jerry D. Johnson
For over 40 years Jerry Johnson has specialized in insurance and institutional defense work, including insurance, construction and employment-related litigation, having amassed over 40 jury trials. He is also a sought-after mediator and his mentorship of young attorneys is invaluable. Jerry is a member of Lynn Jackson’s Rapid City office, and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Jerry is a native of the Black Hills area, and attended Black Hills State College, graduating in 1974. He obtained his law degree from the University of South Dakota in 1978, and has been in private practice since that time. Jerry joined Lynn Jackson in 2019.
Jerry is an AV-rated attorney and has been named to the list of Great Plains Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers of America®. He is a member of the South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, American Board of Trial Advocates, and Defense Research Institute. Jerry is also a member of the South Dakota, Pennington County, and American Bar Associations.
In his free time, Jerry enjoys hunting and riding horses.
- Black Hills State College, B.S., 1974
- University of South Dakota, School of Law, J.D., 1978
- State Bar of South Dakota
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV” Rated Lawyer
- Great Plains Super Lawyers
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Kimberly Knowlton- Paralegal
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit