Drew Skjoldal is a member of the firm’s business group and focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, real estate, and commercial transactions. He is licensed in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Drew was raised on a cattle ranch in Perkins County, and attended Black Hills State University. He earned his law degree, magna cum laude, from Northern Kentucky University – Salmon P. Chase College of Law in 2014. Drew practiced law in the Cincinnati, Ohio, area before returning to South Dakota and joining Lynn Jackson in 2016.
In addition to an active legal practice, Drew teaches graduate and undergraduate classes at Black Hills State University. He has been named a Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star for Estate & Probate, and has written numerous articles on estate and probate topics. He is a member of the Spearfish Planning Commission, and is on the Board for the Northern Hills Amateur Hockey Association and Black Hills State University Alumni Association. Drew is a member of the Board of Bar Commissioners for the Fourth Judicial Circuit, and is a member of the South Dakota and American Bar Associations.
Drew lives in Spearfish with his wife Shelli and their four young children. He and his family are active in the community, their church, and various clubs and organizations.
- Northern Kentucky University – Salmon P. Chase College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- Black Hills State University, B.A., Political Science, 2010
- Probate – What is it, and should I seek to avoid it?, Tri-State Livestock News, August 2017
- Grazing Lease Agreements, Tri-State Livestock News, February 2017
- Business Structures for Agricultural Producers, Tri-State Livestock News, January 2017
- South Dakota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 2019-2021 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star – Estate & Probate
- Black Hills State University Alumni Association, Board Member
- Black Hills State University – Adjunct instructor teaching undergraduate business classes and graduate classes in environmental law