Dana Van Beek Palmer
Dana Van Beek Palmer focuses her practice on writing trial and appellate briefs, focusing on civil and commercial litigation, as well as employment law and insurance coverage issues. Dana is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Dana grew up in northwest Iowa and obtained her bachelor’s degree, with honors, from South Dakota State University in 1993, and her law degree, with honors, from the University of South Dakota in 1996. Following a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Roger L. Wollman, Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Dana was in private practice in Sioux Falls and Lincoln, Nebraska, for several years. Dana joined Lynn Jackson in 2008.
Dana has been named to the list of Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of employment law and litigation and was named Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year in the area of litigation in 2018. She is a member of the South Dakota, Second Circuit, Nebraska, and American Bar Associations.
Dana and her husband Brad have three sons, and she is active in their school and sporting activities. In her free time she enjoys traveling, reading, boating, and watching sporting events.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., with Sterling Honors, 1996
- South Dakota State University, B.S., Psychology, with Honors, 1993
- State Bar of South Dakota
- American Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America® (2018-2020):
- Employment Law – Management
- Litigation-Labor & Employment
- Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year”, Sioux Falls:
- Litigation-Insurance (2018)
- Law Clerk, for the Honorable Judge Roger L. Wollman, for the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Abbie Langerock – Paralegal
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit