Cassidy M. Stalley
Cassidy Stalley is a civil litigator, whose practice includes representing clients with personal injury, breach of contract, construction, insurance coverage, and bad faith claims. In addition, Cassidy is regularly appointed to represent the interests of children in abuse and neglect proceedings. She is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in South Dakota.
Cassidy is a native of Rapid City. She graduated, magna cum laude, from the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota, and obtained her law degree, with honors, from the University of South Dakota. Cassidy was a judicial clerk for the Second Judicial Circuit of South Dakota. She was in private practice with another firm before joining Lynn Jackson in 2015.
Cassidy is an AV-rated attorney. In 2019, she was selected by the Pennington County Bar Association as Outstanding Young Lawyer and has been named to the list of Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star and Best Lawyers in America® – One to Watch in 2020. She is a member of South Dakota Defense Attorneys Association, Defense Research Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel, as well as the South Dakota, Pennington County, and American Bar Associations. Cassidy is a volunteer youth soccer coach and member of the Rapid City Catholic School System School Board.
Cassidy and her husband Jared have three children. They enjoy playing sports, boating, and exploring the great outdoors.
- Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company v. Lois Quinn and Amey Quinn – Successfully obtained summary judgment for Farm Bureau Property and Casualty Insurance Company on validity and application of household exclusion.
- Van Dusseldorp v. Continential Casualty Company and Long Term Care Group – Successfully obtained summary judgment on plaintiff’s breach of contract and bad faith claims.
- Cameron v. Osler and Waste Connections of South Dakota, Inc. – Successfully obtained a dismissal with prejudice for both defendants due to plaintiff’s failure to serve defendant employee prior to the running of the statute of limitations, thereby preventing any claim of vicarious liability against defendant employer.
- Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company v. Dolly – Successfully obtained a preliminary injunction for Farm Bureau preventing a former agent from soliciting prior customers.
- Warger v. Shauers – Successfully defended a defense jury verdict on appeal to the 8th Circuit and the United States Supreme Court based on claims of jury misconduct.
- The University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., Sterling Honor, 2011
- University of Mary, Bismarck, North Dakota, B.S., Criminal Justice;, 2007
- University of Missouri-Saint Louis, 2005
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Pennington County Bar Association
- South Dakota Defense Attorneys Association
- Certified Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Attorney
- American Bar Association – Torts, Trial & Insurance Practice section
- South Dakota State Bar Ethics Committee Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Pennington County Outstanding Young Lawyer
- 2019 Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star
- Sondra Bloomgren – Legal Assistant
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit